Vegetarian fajitas are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional meat-based fajitas. They are made with a variety of vegetables, such as bell peppers and onions, which are sautéed with spices and served with warm tortillas. The dish can be served as a main course or as a side dish.
Here is a simple recipe for making vegetarian fajitas:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8-10 flour or corn tortillas
- Guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas on a pan, or in the microwave wrapped in a damp cloth for 20-30 seconds.
- To serve, place the sautéed vegetables in the center of a tortilla, then top with guacamole, sour cream, and cheese, if desired.
- Roll up the tortilla and enjoy your Vegetarian Fajitas!
Note: You can also add some sliced mushrooms, zucchini, or eggplant to the sautéed vegetables for more variety.